Phoenixâ¢ Junior Infrared Beacon / Strobe
Phoenixâ¢ Jr. (NSN: 5855-01-438-4588) is an extremely rugged and low cost Infrared marker beacon. The Phoenix Jr. was principally designed as an individual Combat Identification marker employed to minimize fratricide (the inadvertent destruction of battle field assets by friendly forces.) It has also been used as a vehicle ID marker, drop zone indicator and perimeter marker. Since its introduction in 1984, the Phoenix Jr. is the most widely used electronic Combat ID system in the world. Phoenix Jr. and the war on terrorism. The Phoenix Jr. has been utilized by American and coalition forces for combat identification in theatres of operation such as Kosovo, Bosnia, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq. The Beacon has many uses in combat and other operations for marking personnel, vehicles, pathways or locations. It incorporates a flash rate that was specified to prevent confusion with small arms fire. Use the Phoenix Jr. to identify friendly force positions, demarcation lines or perimeters. Phoenix Jr. is the world standard for covert signaling and identification of military, law enforcement, SWAT and homeland security assets. SpecificationsView AllClose
- Weight: 8.5 Grams | 0.3 Ounce
- Size: 30.11 x 18.73mm | 1.19" x .74"
- Flash repeat cycle: 1.3 Seconds (fixed)
- Flash duration: 20 Milliseconds (fixed)
- Battery: Common 9 volt
- Configuration: 3 Light Emitting Diodes (LED)
- Switching: Attach or remove battery
- Coverage: 240 degrees x 360 degrees
- Operating Depth: The Poseidon Â Phoenix / Pegasus Mounting Clip (902801) provides a water tight casing for the beacon and battery assembly. If immersed without the Poseidon case, the unit will continue to operate until the contacts fail due to water and electrolytic corrosion. Given these conditions the depth limitation is solely determined by the batteryÂs ability to withstand depth.